First Custom ROM for a Lumia Devices is now available
Windows Phone Internals have recently been released which made it very easy to root Lumia handsets. WindowsMania.pl has been one of the first to take advantage of this new access by releasing a Custom Rom for a Lumia handset, in this case the Lumia 625.
The ROM brings the handset to WP8.1 GDR2 and offers the following feature:
First custom ROM made for Lumia in this case for 625,
- 3rd party apps removed
- Polish dictionary and speech included
- Interop unlocked out of the box, and remained unlocked after factory reset and upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile
- Accent color changed
- Few minor cosmetic changes
The new access should mean no devices need be left behind even if Microsoft no longer supports them (such as the Lumia 530 for example).
The ROM can be found at WindowsMania.pl here.
Unlocking the bootloader and upload Custom ROM
Windows Phone application although internal use may be much more importantly it allows us installations Custom ROM after unlocking the bootloader on our L625. At this mainly to focus. The necessary file. – Windows Phone Internal – available on the author’s website (the latest version is 1.1) –
– Original ROM – is the basis on which unlocks bootloader and on which we will upload Custom Rom (will be administered in the subject custom Rom
– Emergency Flash Loaders – for L625
Emergency Flash Loaders
– Engineering SBL3 (optional) – if we want to have access to mass storage mode –
1. Unlock the bootloader
- We have already uploaded the original ROM
- Now we run WP internals and choose like in the above screenshot
– The same as the original uploaded earlier ROM (read it each partition allocations)
– already unzipped the downloaded folder with Emergency Flash Loaders (application dials the same for us from the available folder)
– suitable for our model of bin file SBL3
- After selecting we continue and look forward to the completion of the whole procedureRemember: if it pops up a prompt to format it will never accept. thus you erase the bootloader of your phone and you can not fix it.
2. Install Custom Rom-in (after unlocking the matter is very simple)
- custom rom downloaded as a zip file, select and confirm the process.
- at the end of the process we can not but confirm the success of the whole exercise and enjoy wgranym new rom-I.