Having Problems Updating Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.107? Here is the Fix
Some users have reported that they couldnt find the update. Note that if you don’t see this update (10586.107) then you probably need to go back into the ‘Windows Insiders’ application and approve access to the ‘fast ring’ again. This may involve signing in again and also restarting the phone.
Along with the new OS build comes yet another ‘Configuration Update’ – just roll with it and trust Microsoft on these.
…This update includes some additional fixes:
- Fixed an issue where in some cases a device could be missing tiles on the Start screen after going through the device out of box experience.
- Improved support in Narrator to speak in multiple languages.
- Improvements to the device reset experience when BitLockerDevice Encryption is enabled by enterprise policy or by the user.
Today we are introducing a new ring named the Windows Insider Release Preview ring for both PC and mobile. The Release Preview ring will focus on Insiders that want to stay on the Current Branch (currently builds based off of 10586), but continue to receive early access to updates, application updates, and driver updates.
The 3 Windows Insider rings are:
- Fast – Best for Insiders who enjoy being the first to get access to builds and feature updates, with some risk to their devices in order to identify issues, and provide suggestions and ideas to make Windows software and devices great.
- Slow – Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to builds and feature updates, with less risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows software and devices great.
- Release Preview – Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to updates for the Current Branch, Microsoft applications, and drivers, with minimal risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows devices great.
For more details on branches and our rings, check out one the first post in our new series called ‘Inside WDG’ here in Iider Hub.