Microsoft released today KB3213986 â€“ aÂ cumulative update for Windows 10 PC and MobileÂ version 1607. It includes improvements on Groove Music, fixes onÂ fingerprint authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Update and many more.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
- Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
- Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
- Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
- Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
- Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
- Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
The build bumped to 14393.693. Head to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update (PC) or Settings > Update and Security > Phone UpdateÂ to download the update.
If youÂ are having difficultyÂ downloading the update through Windows Update orÂ stuck in a certain percentage. In case you want to manually download the update, the direct links are provided below. Downloading the file manually is also useful for those who have multiple Windows 10 PC devices and have limited bandwidth.
The size of 32-bit and 64-bit versions are 514MB (up by 6MB from previous update)Â and 950MB (upÂ by 3MB from previous update)Â respectively. Note that these updates are cumulative. Therefore, the packages contain all previously released fixes.
The post Here are the direct download links for KB3213986 Windows 10 Build 14393.693 appeared first on Windows Latest