How to install Store Apps and Cracked Windows 10 Apps to your Windows 10 Mobile
Installing Windows 10 Store Appx/Appxbundle to Windows 10 Mobile
Head to Settings > Update & Recovery and tap on “For Developers“
- You will find three options here. Choose the Third one which lets you sideload any signed apps from other sources.
- Next, transfer/copy the appx file of the app to your Phone/SD Card storage.
- Browse to the file via File Explorer, tap on the file and it will throw an install prompt.
- If you really want to give it a try, tap Install else tap cancel.
- If all goes well, you will find the app under the app list under 20 sec or it will take upto 10 minutes depending on the size of apps/games you were trying to install.
Note: If you are trying to install apps/games which requires dependencies this method wont actually work. If that’s the case use our alternate method. This method will automatically install required dependencies for apps/games you were trying to install.
Alternate method to install Unmodded Store Appx/Appxbundle
If Installing Apps/games from SD card doesn’t work you can try this method on your Windows 10 Mobile. This method requires working Wifi connection to install apps. If you don’t have wi-fi at home turn on your phone’s mobile data and also turn on your Wifi Hotspot and move on to next step.
Head to Settings > Update & Recovery and tap on “For Developers“.
- Under Device Portal, turn on remote diagnostics over USB and LAN connections.
- You can either turn off Authentication or turn on it. Turning it off eases things a little bit.
- After turning remote diagnostics On , It will provide an IP Address to connect to.
- Enter that IP address either in W10 Mobile Edge browser or any PC Browser(depends on where you have appx to install). Make sure your phone is unlocked.
- After authenticating to device portal page click Apps Section on the Top Left hand Side.
- Under the Install App division Click Browse to select the Appx/Appxbundle you are about to install.
- After adding the Appx/Appxbundle just Click “Go” button and that’s it.If all goes well you can find your app under app list.(Using Fenice for Twitter as example).
FYI : We can install all apps/games using this method even paid ones you don’t own from Store. Those apps will tend to crash.
How to deploy patched apps downloaded from Winphonehub ?
If you are about to deploy a XAP file either use Windows Phone 8.1 Application Deployment tool(included in vs 2015 Update 1 and above) or use Windows Phone Power tools(download from wptools.codeplex.com).
If you are installing Windows Phone 8.1 Appx/Appxbundle to your Windows 10 Mobile use official Windows Phone 8.1 Application Deployment tool(included in vs 2015 Update 1 and above) or download Portable version from here.
Give this a try and let us know, whether you could successfully install the apps on your phone, in the comments below. I would really like to hear from you.Please note, this is just a workaround or an unofficial method. If anything doesn’t work well, comment below so that we can around with solutions :-)