Set up Windows Hello on the Lumia 950 / 950 XL
Windows Hello is a unique feature for Windows 10 Mobile that allows you to take full advantage of the iris scanner on your new Windows 10 Phone. The technology is still in Beta but even now it can recognize your iris and unlock the phone for around 2 seconds. We can expect even budget phones with iris scanners and Window Hello in 2016, in addition to the flagships Lumia 950 and 950 XL.
Setting up Windows Hello on the Lumia 950 / 950 XL is very easy:
- Go to Settings → Accounts → Sign-in options
Windows Hello is disabled by default. You must set up a PIN before you can enable the feature. Skip Step 2 if you’ve already set up a PIN
- Create a PIN. Click on ‘Add’ PIN, enter your Microsoft password and click on ‘Save’. Set up a PIN and press ‘OK’
- In Sign-in options you can change the time after which Windows require you to sign in again. This applies for both PIN and Windows Hello.
- Scroll down to the page and click on ‘Set up’ Windows Hello. The system requires you to authenticate by entering the PIN.
- Hold the phone in front of the eyes and select Next to continue.
- Once you’ve set up Windows Hello you can select ‘Improve recognition’ to help Windows Hello recognize you better in different lighting conditions or if you are wearing glasses.
- You can always disable Windows Hello. Just go to Settings → Accounts → Sign-in options and select ‘Remove’.