Install Windows 10 Mobile build 14342 on any device without errors
Today, Microsoft has rolled out Windows 10 Mobile build 14342 for Fast ring insiders. While there were limited number of official known issues listed, But few users are reporting a new issue. Upon installing the new build, some users are finding that their phone is getting stuck on the Windows logo and not booting up. Luckily, Microsoft has acknowledged the issue and is offering a fix.
Initially, the fix was to wait 30-40 minutes. After that, the phone should boot and data migration will start.
Unfortunately, this wasn’t working for some users, so the answer is to force your phone to reboot by following these steps:
- Hold the Power + Volume Down keys for 11 seconds
- The device will vibrate and reboot
- Allow the device to reboot
- Device should continue with installation
- If the device again stops at the Windows logo screen, please leave the device connected to a charger and wait
Hopefully, this will work for anyone that’s having the problem. It’s also worth noting that when the build was released, we installed it on five devices (Lumia 650, 830, 930, 950, and 1520) and didn’t have any problems.
Here you can Check out Unreported changes in Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342