The update raises the build version of Windows 10 to 15063.332 once it is installed. It fixes errors and issues in previous versions of the Windows 10 Creators Update operating system.
The update has a size of about 350 Megabytes (32-bit) or 550 Megabytes (64-bit) depending on its architecture target.
The issues that the update fixes are for the most part affecting low number of Windows 10 users. It includes fixes that patch non-Unicode font artifacts rendering in some situations, audio output to external audio devices not working anymore after installation of the Creators Update, and an issue where the installation of network printers fail if the manufacturer’s software is used, and if the PC in question has less than 4 Gigabytes of RAM.
KB4020102 Full Changelog
- Addressed issue where NTLM fails to generate a challenge response when CredGuard is enabled, NTLMv2 is used, and no target information is provided by the server.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer does not respect the â€œSend all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edgeâ€ policy when opening favorites.
Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a non-administrator user is not able to install an ActiveX control.
- Addressed issue where, after starting Split View, some apps (Microsoft Edge, Hub, Cortana, etc.) no longer receive input when multiple displays are in use.
- Addressed issue with an unnecessary scrollbar in the logon credential provider dialog, which may block use of other fields when the dialog has multiple fields.
- Addressed issue where, during a VM reset, the VM goes into Second Level Paging (SLP) even if there is enough balancer available memory on the host.
- Addressed issue where some non-Unicode fonts (Courier, MS Sans Serif, etc.) do not render characters correctly on non-Latin, single-byte system locales (Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.). Black bars or other artifacts appear instead.
- Addressed issue with an SMS/messaging app that stops working when attempting to delete messages.
- Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
- Addressed issue where the IoT shell fails to keep monitored background applications running.
- Addressed issue with high latency when using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) MIDI API.
- Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendorâ€™s setup software on machines with less than 4GB of RAM. These printers will install if you install from the Settings app or from Devices and Printer in Control Panel.
- Addressed issue where PrintBRM fails to restore the Print Queue Configurations when printer names are identical and a port is set to FILE:.
- Addressed issue with per user proxy settings not migrating to machine proxy settings.
You can download the cumulative update KB4020102 through Windows Update. Do the following to check for the update and install it.
Note: We suggest you create a backup of your operating system prior to installing any Windows Updates. While Windows comes with its own recovery options, it is better to be prepared for situations where those won’t work correctly.
- Tap on the Windows-key, type Windows Update, and hit the Enter-key afterwards.
- Click on the check for updates button, or watch as the check is performed automatically.
- Depending on how Windows Update is configured on the machine, the update will either be downloaded automatically, or after you hit the download button.
- A restart is required to complete the process.
Microsoft published update information on the official Microsoft Support website.
Now Read: How to analyze Windows Update errors