Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 Now available for Fast Insiders. Changelog Included.
Microsoft has pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 to Insiders. The build is live and our devices are able to download it without any delay. In case you don’t see the build being offered go to Windows Insiders app and re-enroll to Insiders Fast. For those new to Insiders world here is your tutorial toinstall Windows 10 Mobile.
Good news is that the build is upgradable directly from older builds like Build 10549 and Build 10572.
Today we are rolling out Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10581 to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring. We’ve fixed the bug preventing upgrades from earlier builds. So if you stayed on Build 10536 or if you flashed back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then installed 10549 or 10572 you can upgrade directly to this new build without going back to 8.1 again. This build doesn’t have significant new features but does include a bunch of good fixes and general performance improvements.
The build doesn’t seem to bring many new features, but seems Hey Cortana is back on supported devices and there are some fixes and improvements too. Check the official changelog below.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 Changelog:
- For devices upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1 like the Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, and Lumia 1520 that had the “Hey Cortana” feature – with this build “Hey Cortana” should work again in Windows 10. To make sure it’s turned on, just go to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana.
- You can now select photos for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc.
- Battery life should be improved in this build. We fixed several bugs impacting battery life.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t choose some apps to show quick status on the Lock screen via Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
- We’ve made improvements to text prediction and auto-correction.
- Video recording functionality has been improved.
- Visual Voicemail sync should now work properly.
- We fixed the dual-SIM issues that appeared in Build 10572.
- We fixed the issue found with Build 10572 where the Chinese Pinyin QWERTY keyboard stopped working after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1 that our Chinese Windows Insiders reported.